Patient & Community Voices Workshops and Events
The Patient and Community Voices (PCV) workshop series consists of inter-professional workshops in which students learn directly from patients and community members through their stories and expertise. Workshops are developed, evaluated and refined by students, patients / community members, and UBC faculty working together in a participatory educational design.
The workshop series includes:
- Positive Reflections and Voices Unheard: Learning from persons living with HIV
- The Caregiver’s Journey: Heartbreak and love
- Talk is Cheap: Living and communicating with aphasia
- Personal Experiences with Epilepsy
- Stereotypes, Truth and Moving towards Reconciliation: What health professional students need to know about First Nations’ history
- How to Work with Interpreters
- Mental Health: Recovery, compassion, and empathy
- Trans Health 101
New workshops continue to be developed.