Patient & Community Voices Workshop Series
Trans Health Workshop
Date and Time: Tuesday April 10th, 2018 6 pm – 8 pm
This interprofessional workshop will introduce students to the lived experience of trans people. A panelist of community educators will share their personal stories and their experiences navigating the healthcare system. Through these stories and small group discussions, students will have the opportunity to learn with other students in different disciplines about the unique experience of working with trans individuals.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will:
- Appreciate the lived experience of trans people
- Understand the need for gender affirming care by health professionals
- Gain strategies to provide positive healthcare experiences for trans individuals
- Become aware of community resources available to transgender clients and health professionals
- Stimulate emotional intelligence and empathy
This workshop is worth 30 exposure level points on the Interprofessional Education Passport.
The workshop is only open to students in the UBC Human and Health Services. Registration is required to attend as space is limited to 20 students. Use the link below to apply for a space.
Please be aware that completion of the form does not guarantee a space in the workshop – a confirmation of registration or wait list status will be sent within 72 hours.