Patient panels are offered at the annual Community and Patient Fair in late October. The panels are an opportunity for patients and care providers to speak to and open a discussion with students in the health disciplines.
During the panels 3 to 4 patients share their stories and experiences with students, and answer questions.
Panels run for approximately one hour and are focused around a range of issues, such as the everyday management of health concerns, experiences in the health care system, and challenges to effective communication.
Panel themes for the 4th Annual Allies in Health Fair (October 31st 2012) included :
- Experiences of chronic health concerns
- Living and communicating with aphasia
- Experiences of the health care system
- Barriers to health care communication
- Living a life of recovery with mental illness
- Cultural diversity in health care